The WT7512 provides protection circuits, power good output (PGO), fault protection latch (FPL_N),
and a protection detector function (PDON_N) control. It can minimize external components of switching
power supply systems in personal computer.
The Over / Under Voltage Detector (OVD / UVD) monitors 3.3V, 5V, 12V input voltage level. When
OVD or UVD detect the fault voltage level, the FPL_N is latched HIGH and PGO go low. The latch can
be reset by PDON_N goo HIGH. There is 2.4mS delay time for PDON_N turn off FPL_N.
When OVD and UVD detect the right voltage level, the power good output (PGO) will be issue.
The WT7512 is similar to WT7510. It added under voltage detector of 12V and the short power–on
protection. And the delay time 1.2mS is changed to 2.4mS.
• The Over / Under Voltage Detector (OVD / UVD) monitors 3.3V, 5V, 12V input voltage level.
• Both of the power good output (PGO) and fault protection latch (FPL_N) are Open Drain Output.
• 75 / 300 ms time delay for UVD.
• 300 ms time delay for PGO.
• 38 ms for PDON_N input signal De–bounce.
• 73 us for internal signal De–glitches.
• 2.4 ms time delay for PDON_N turn-off FPL_N.
PIN ASSIGNMENT AND PACKAGE TYPE
8–Pin Plastic DIP WT7512–N080WT–12
8–Pin Plastic SOIC WT7512–S080WT–12
Pin No. Pin Name TYPE
I power good input pin
O fault protection latch output pin(open drain output)
4 PDON_N I protection detector function ON/OFF control input pin
I 3.3V input pin
I 5V input pin
I Supply voltage / 12V input pin
O power good output pin(open drain output)
Weltrend Semiconductor, Inc.