Reflective GaAs SP4T Switch
DC - 4 GHz
• Low Insertion Loss: 0.7 dB Typical
• Fast Switching Speed: 4 nS Typical
• Ultra Low DC Power Consumption
• Small Package Size: 0.250” Square
M/A-COM’s SW-243 GaAs MMIC SP4T switch is
packaged in a CR-4 surface mount ceramic style
package. The SW-243 is a reflective switch,
optimized for low insertion loss. The CR-4 package
is hermetically sealed, making these switches ideal
for space, military radios, or other environmentally
Typical applications include synthesizer switching,
switch matrices and filter banks in systems such as
military radios, and space equipment.
The SW-243 is fabricated as a monolithic GaAs
MMIC using a 1.0 micron MESFET process.
Absolute Maximum Ratings 1,2
0.5 - 4.0 GHz
-8.5 V < Vc < +5 V
-55°C to +125°C
-65°C to +150°C
1. Exceeding any one or combination of these limits may cause
permanent damage to this device.
2. M/A-COM does not recommend sustained operation near
these survivability limits.
A2 RF2 GND RF3
RF Port 1
2 Control A1
3 Control B1
4 Control B2
5 Control A2
6 RF Port 2
8 RF Port 3
3. Bottom of case is RF ground.
RF Port 4
M/A-COM Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the
product(s) or information contained herein without notice. M/A-COM makes
no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the suitability of its
products for any particular purpose, nor does M/A-COM assume any liability
whatsoever arising out of the use or application of any product(s) or
• North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.