PRELIMINARY DATA SHEET
HIGH NOISE REDUCTION, 15 Mbps CMOS OUTPUT TYPE
8-PIN SSOP PHOTOCOUPLER
The PS9851-1, -2 are optically coupled isolators containing GaAlAs LED on the input side and a CMOS output IC
on the output side.
They are high common mode transient immunity (CMR), high-speed CMOS output type photocouplers designed for
high-speed logic interface circuits.
• High-speed response (15 Mbps)
• Operable at high temperature (−40 to +100°C)
• High common mode transient immunity (CMH, CML = ±15 kV/µs TYP.)
• High isolation voltage (BV = 2 500 Vr.m.s.)
• Pulse width distortion (tPHL−tPLH = 5 ns TYP.)
• Ordering number of tape product : PS9851-1-F3, F4: 1 500 pcs/reel
: PS9851-2-F3, F4: 1 500 pcs/reel
• Safety standards
• UL awaiting approved
• DIN EN60747-5-2 (VDE0884 Part2) awaiting approved
• FA Network
• Measurement equipment
The information in this document is subject to change without notice. Before using this document, please confirm that
this is the latest version.
Not all devices/types available in every country. Please check with local NEC Compound Semiconductor Devices
representative for availability and additional information.
Document No. PN10493EJ01V0DS (1st edition)
Date Published May 2004 CP(K)
Printed in Japan
NEC Compound Semiconductor Devices 2004