We would like to thank you for purchasing one of our JVC products.
Before operating this unit, read this manual carefully and thoroughly to
obtain the best possible performance from your unit, and retain this manual
for future reference.
About This Manual
This manual is organized as follows:
• When unplugging from the wall outlet, always pull the
plug, not the AC power cord.
• The manual mainly explains operations using the
buttons and controls on the unit. You can also use the
buttons on the remote control if they have the same or
similar names (or marks) as those on the unit.
If operation using the remote control is different from
that using the unit, it is then explained.
• Basic and common information that is the same for many
functions is grouped in one place, and is not repeated in
each procedure. For instance, we do not repeat the
information about turning on/off the unit, setting the
volume, changing the sound effects, and others, which are
explained in the section “Common Operations” on pages 9
• The following marks are used in this manual:
DO NOT handle the AC power cord with wet
Moisture may condense on the lens inside the unit in the
• After starting heating in the room
• In a damp room
• If the unit is brought directly from a cold to a warm place
Should this occur, the unit may malfunction. In this case,
leave the unit turned on for a few hours until the moisture
evaporates, unplug the AC power cord, and then plug it in
Gives you warnings and cautions to prevent
damage or risk of fire/electric shock.
Also gives you information which is not good
for obtaining the best possible performance
from the unit.
Gives you information and hints you had better
• Should any metallic object or liquid fall into the unit,
unplug the unit and consult your dealer before operating
• If you are not going to operate the unit for an extended
period of time, unplug the AC power cord from the wall
• Install in a place which is level, dry and neither too hot nor
too cold — between 5˚C (41˚F) and 35˚C (95˚F).
• Install the unit in a location with adequate ventilation to
prevent internal heat built-up in the unit.
• Leave sufficient distance between the unit and the TV.
• Keep the speakers away from the TV to avoid interference
DO NOT disassemble the unit since there are no
user serviceable parts inside.
If anything goes wrong, unplug the AC power cord and
consult your dealer.
DO NOT install the unit in a location near heat
sources, or in a place subject to direct sunlight,
excessive dust or vibration.