Quad Bus Buffer
with 3−State Control Inputs
The MC74VHCT126A is a high speed CMOS quad bus buffer
fabricated with silicon gate CMOS technology. It achieves
noninverting high speed operation similar to equivalent Bipolar
Schottky TTL while maintaining CMOS low power dissipation.
The MC74VHCT126A requires the 3−state control input (OE) to be
set Low to place the output into high impedance.
The VHCT inputs are compatible with TTL levels. This device can
be used as a level converter for interfacing 3.3 V to 5.0 V, because it
has full 5.0 V CMOS level output swings.
The VHCT126A input structures provide protection when voltages
between 0 V and 5.5 V are applied, regardless of the supply voltage.
The output structures also provide protection when VCC = 0 V. These
input and output structures help prevent device destruction caused by
supply voltage − input/output voltage mismatch, battery backup, hot
The internal circuit is composed of three stages, including a buffer
output which provides high noise immunity and stable output. The
inputs tolerate voltages up to 7.0 V, allowing the interface of 5.0 V
systems to 3.0 V systems.
• High Speed: tPD = 3.8 ns (Typ) at VCC = 5.0 V
• Low Power Dissipation: ICC = 4.0 mA (Max) at TA = 25°C
• TTL−Compatible Inputs: VIL = 0.8 V; VIH = 2.0 V
• Power Down Protection Provided on Inputs
• Balanced Propagation Delays
• Designed for 2.0 V to 5.5 V Operating Range
• Low Noise: VOLP = 0.8 V (Max)
• Pin and Function Compatible with Other Standard Logic Families
• Latchup Performance Exceeds 300 mA
• ESD Performance: HBM > 2000 V; Machine Model > 200 V
• Chip Complexity: 72 FETs or 18 Equivalent Gates
• NLV Prefix for Automotive and Other Applications Requiring
Unique Site and Control Change Requirements; AEC−Q100
Qualified and PPAP Capable
• These Devices are Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS
A = Assembly Location
WL, L = Wafer Lot
Y = Year
WW, W = Work Week
G or G = Pb−Free Package
(Note: Microdot may be in either location)
See Applications Note #AND8004/D for
date code and traceability information.
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 4 of this data sheet.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2016
October, 2016 − Rev. 11
Publication Order Number: