Inverter with Open Drain
The MC74VHC1G05 is an advanced high speed CMOS inverter
with open drain output fabricated with silicon gate CMOS technology.
It achieves high speed operation similar to equivalent Bipolar
Schottky TTL while maintaining CMOS low power dissipation.
The internal circuit is composed of three stages, including an open
drain output which provides the capability to set output switching
level. This allows the MC74VHC1G05 to be used to interface 5V
circuits to circuits of any voltage between VCC and 7V using an
external resistor and power supply.
The MC74VHC1G05 input structure provides protection when
voltages up to 7V are applied, regardless of the supply voltage.
• High Speed: tPD = 3.8ns (Typ) at VCC = 5V
• Low Internal Power Dissipation: ICC = 2µA (Max) at TA = 25°C
• Power Down Protection Provided on Inputs
• Pin and Function Compatible with Other Standard Logic Families
• Latchup Performance Exceeds 300mA
• ESD Performance: HBM > 2000V; MM > 200V, CDM > 1500V
IN A 2
4 OUT Y
Figure 1. 5–Lead SOT–353 Pinout (Top View)
IN A 1 OUT Y
This document contains information on a new product. Specifications and information
herein are subject to change without notice.
SC–88A / SOT–353
d = Date Code
2 IN A
4 OUT Y
See detailed ordering and shipping information in the package
dimensions section on page 4 of this data sheet.
© Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, 2000
May, 2000 – Rev. 1
Publication Order Number: