3.3 or 5 Volt Laser Driver
• SFP and SFF Modules
• 1G/2G/4G Fibre Channel modules
• Short reach and Metro SONET/SDH
• CPRI: 614.4, 1228.8, 2457.6, 3072.0, 4915.2 and 6144.0 Mbit/s
• OLT Laser Driver for GPON and EPON
• High-speed operation; suitable for SFP/SFF applications.
Typical rise/fall times of 55 ps.
• Programmable temperature compensation. Modulation output and
bias output can be controlled using a few discrete resistors.
• Supports DDMI (SFF-8472) diagnostics
• DC or AC coupled modulation drive. Up to 100 mA modulation
current available when AC coupled.
• Low overshoot allows high extinction ratio with low jitter
• Automatic laser power control, with “Slow-Start”
• PECL and CML compatible differential data inputs
• Complies with major MSAs (GBIC, SFF, SFF-8472, SFP) including
• Packaged in a QFN24
• 3.3 V or 5 V operation
• Pulse width adjustment
The M02061 is a highly integrated, programmable laser driver intended for SFP/SFF modules. Using differential
PECL data inputs, the M02061 supplies the bias and modulation current required to drive an edge-emitting laser.
The modulation output can be DC coupled to the laser diode.
The M02061 includes automatic power control to maintain a constant average laser output power over temperature
and life. In addition, the modulation current can be temperature compensated to minimize variation in extinction
ratio over temperature.
Typical Applications Diagram
Internal Power Bus
D - FF
Automatic Power Control
(laser bias current)
M/A-COM Technology Solutions Inc. (MACOM) and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the product(s) or information contained herein without notice.
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.
For further information and support please visit: