Application Support Information
The Application Engineering
Group is available to assist you
with the application design
Tape and Reel
Tape and Reel
associated with the HSDL-3220
infrared transceiver module. You
can contact them through your
local sales representatives for
The unit is marked with the
letter “G” and “YWWLL” on the
Y is the last digit of the year
WW is the work week
LL is the lot information
I/O Pins Configuration Table
Pin Symbol Description
1 LED A LED Anode
2 LED C LED Cathode
Transmit Data. Active High.
Receive Data. Active Low.
Shutdown. Active High.
7 IOVcc Input/Output ASIC Vcc
- Shield EMI Shield
Recommended Application Circuit Components
R1 5.6Ω ± 5%, 0.25 watt for 2.7 ≤ Vled < 3.3V
10Ω ± 5%, 0.25 watt for 3.3 ≤ Vled < 4.2V
15Ω ± 5%, 0.25 watt for 4.2 ≤ Vled < 5.5V
0.47 µF ± 20%, X7R Ceramic
6.8 µF ± 20%, Tantalum
1. Tied through external series resistor, R1, to regulated Vled from 2.7 to 5.5V. Please refer to table
above for recommended series resistor value.
2. Internally connected to LED driver. Leave this pin unconnected.
3. This pin is used to transmit serial data when SD pin is low. If this pin is held high for longer than
50 µs, the LED is turned off. Do NOT float this pin.
4. This pin is capable of driving a standard CMOS or TTL load. No external pull-up or pull-down
resistor is required. The pin is in tri-state when the transceiver is in shutdown mode. The receiver
output echoes transmitted signal.
5. The transceiver is in shutdown mode if this pin is high for more than 400 µs. On falling edge of
this signal, the state of the TXD pin sampled and used to set receiver low bandwidth (TXD=low)
or high bandwidth (TXD=high) mode. Refer to the section ”Bandwidth selection timing” for
programming information. Do NOT float this pin.
6. Regulated, 2.7 to 3.6 Volts.
7. Connect to ASIC logic controller Vcc voltage or supply voltage. The voltage at this pin must be
equal to or less than supply voltage.
8. Connect to system ground.
9. Connect to system ground via a low inductance trace. For best performance, do not connect
directly to the transceiver pin GND.
10. CX1 must be placed within 0.7 cm of the HSDL-3220 to obtain optimum noise immunity.
11. In environments with noisy power supplies, including CX2, as shown in Figure 1, can enhance
supply ripple rejection performance.