● How to clean the plasma panel screen (front glass) of the monitor
Before cleaning the monitor, turn off the monitor and disconnect the power plug from the power outlet.
To prevent scratching or damaging the plasma screen face, do not wipe the surface with sharp or hard
objects. Clean the screen with a soft cloth moistened with warm water and dry with a soft cloth. If it is not
clean enough, then use a cloth with glass cleaner. Do not use any harsh or abrasive chemicals.
● How to clean the cabinet of the monitor
Use a soft cloth to clean the cabinet and control panel of the monitor. When excessively soiled dilute a neutral
detergent in water, wet and wring out the soft cloth and afterward wipe with a dry soft cloth.
Never use acid/alkaline detergent, alcoholic detergent, abrasive cleaner, powder soap, OA cleaner, car wax,
etc. because they could cause discoloration, scratches or cracks.
● Large-screen, high-definition plasma display panel
The 42-inch color plasma display panel, with a resolution of 852 (H) x 480(V) pixels, creates a high-definition, large-
screen (aspect ratio : 16:9) and low-profile flat display. Free from electromagnetic interferences from geomagnetic
sources and ambient power lines, the panel produces medium-quality images free from any color misconvergence
or corner focus distortion.
● High Performance Digital Processor
A wide range of personal computer signals can be handled, from 640 x 400, 640 x 480 VGA to 1600 x 1200 UXGA.
(RGB analog input)
● Easy-to-use remote control and on-screen-display system (OSD)
The remote control included eases the setting of display controls. Furthermore, the on-screen-display (OSD),
displays the input status control settings in an easy-to-view fashion.
● Power saving system
The International ENERGY STAR power saver feature saves power consumption automatically when input sig-
nals are not available.
When connected to a VESA DPMS-compliant PC, the monitor cuts its power consumption while it is idle.
TruBass, SRS and ( ) symbol are trademarks of SRS Labs,Inc.
TruBass technology is incorporated under license from SRS Labs, Inc.
[AV MONITOR model] CMP420V1, CMP420V2
- One mini D-sub terminal and one DVI-D terminal for RGB input.
(The D-sub terminal can also receive component RGB - selectable via customer OSD.)
- One composite/S-video input terminal and two component video input terminals, added with VIDEO board.
(One of the component inputs has the capability to select RGB via customer OSD.)
- One SCART terminal for European standard, added with VIDEO board.
(It operates as composite/S-video input and RGB input terminal, or composite video output terminal.
-One composite video output terminal as a monitoring output, added with VIDEO board.
-Simple type remote (CP-RD4)
[TELEVISION model] 42EDT41
- Various input/output terminals, added with VIDEO board. (same features as above mentioned AV MONITOR)
- Tuner input added with VIDEO board
- Complex type remote (CLU-W900)