Power Management LSI Series for Automotive Body Control
BD394□FP Series regulators feature a high 36 V breakdown voltage and are compatible with onboard vehicle microcontrollers. They offer
an output current of 500 mA while limiting dark current to 30 µA (TYP). The series supports the use of ceramic capacitors as output phase
compensation capacitors. Since the ICs use P-channel DMOS output transistors, increased loads do not result in increased total supply
current. BD394□FP Series is ideal for lowering current consumption and costs in battery direct-coupled systems.
1) Super-low dark current: 30 µA (Typ.)
2) Low-saturation voltage type P-channel DMOS output transistors
Output on resistance: 1.6 Ω (Typ.)
3) High precision output voltage: 5 V ±2% (Ta = 25°C) / Iomax = 500 mA
4) Low-ESR ceramic capacitors can be used as output capacitors
5) Vcc power supply voltage = 36 V / Peak power supply voltage = 50 V (tr ≥ 1 ms, tH ≤ 200 ms)
6) Built-in over current protection circuit and thermal shutdown circuit
7) TO252-3/HRP-5/TO220FP-3 package
Vehicle equipment, car stereos, satellite navigation systems, etc.
zAbsolute maximum ratings (Ta = 25°C)
Power supply voltage
Io 500 mA
Operating temperature range
−40 to +125
Storage temperature range
−55 to +150
Peak power supply voltage
Maximum junction temperature
* 1Not to exceed Pd.
*2 For TO252-3, reduced by 9.6 mW/°C over 25°C, when mounted on a glass epoxy board (70 mm × 70 mm × 1.6 mm).
*3 Reduced by 12.8 mW/°C over 25°C, when mounted on a glass epoxy board (70 mm × 70 mm × 1.6 mm).
*4 For TO220FP-3, reduced by 16.0 mW/°C over 25°C.
*5 Application time 200 ms or shorter. (tr ≥ 1 ms)